some images refuse to resize properly

Post here if you have any problems using phpThumb
lenoba
Are you a spambot?: no

some images refuse to resize properly

Post by lenoba » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:56 am

The problem occurs on random images. I resize them from ~800x600 ( or there abouts ) down to height 113px ( so it fits nicely on page ). I noticed some iamges are extremly blurry ( since i force height of 113px ), and the source was that some images are resized down to 50x29 ( or there abouts, always 50x*). This happens without rhyme or reason, i was fiddling with a particular image and found that resizing it to 112px height works great, so does 114px, but 113px, for some reason just goes straight to 50x29 ( multiples of 113 work great as well ). The source images was a jpg of 800x477 if that matters..

Since this is happening on a page where there are about 20+ images weekly, its a bit annoying to see 3-6 of them always be blurry ( happens at random ).

Any idea how this could be solved?

Im using "phpthumb.php?src=/path/to/file.jpg&h=113", not the object version.

James Heinrich
Site Admin
Are you a spambot?: no

Re: some images refuse to resize properly

Post by James Heinrich » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:33 pm

I have not heard of that problem before. When you say it happens on random images, does it happen:
a) consistently to the same image (if you delete the cache and try again it always comes out at 50x29)
or
b) randomly to some image on the page, but not necessarily always the same image(s).
I suspect (a). If that's the case, please send me a sample image where it gets resized incorrectly. Ideally if you could also (temporarily) turn on debug mode and open the phpThumb.php URL directly and copy-paste the debug info for that image here.